Welcome to the RoL Pinterest Party. Join me every 2nd and 4th Tuesday as we link up and share how we made, cooked, baked, crafted, did, or created one of the pins on our Pinterest boards.
Not on Pinterest? No problem. Link-up your own creation to inspire us so we can pin it to our own boards. It can be a recipe, sewing project, Catholic craft, homeschool project, organizing/ homemaking tip, themed birthday party, whatever you’d like. Don’t have a post ready? The link-up will be open for 10 days so there’s still time. Plus, feel free to link up a new post or an older post that hasn’t had much traffic lately. Don’t have a blog? No problem. Tell us about it in the comment box. Or post your photo and a description on the RoL Facebook page. 🙂
* * * * *
For our wedding Brian and I received a slow cooker and the first recipe I made was from the little recipe booklet that came with the cooker. It was for an easy Beef Stew. That was nearly 14 years ago. The cooker has since died and the recipe was lost when we moved from our apartment into our current home. I bought a new slow cooker and tried other fancier beef stews since. They were good but nothing seemed to mach that first simple stew. Finally, the other day I searched online and found the original recipe here.
2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 bay leaf
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 onion, chopped
3 potatoes, diced
4 carrots, sliced
1 stalk celery, chopped
1. Place meat in slow cooker. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture.
2. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery.
3. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 10 to 12 hours, or on High setting for 4 to 6 hours.
It’s really easy to put together and once it is done, you have a delicious hot meal to warm you up on these cold days. Add a slice of fresh sourdough bread and you are good to go, baby! 🙂
* * * * *
Now it’s your turn.
1. Choose your creation, share about it and snap a photo if you can.
2. In your post, link back the original blogger/idea, rather than your Pinterest pin. That way credit goes to the proper person. 🙂 (But feel free to add your Pinterest profile link so we can follow you!)
3. Add a link back here so others can play along. Here is the html code:
<a href=”http://www.revolutionoflove.com/blog/?p=2157″><img title=”Revolution of Love Blog – Pinterest Party & Link-up” src=”http://www.revolutionoflove.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/pinterest_2_medW32-300×240.jpg” alt=”” width=”300″ height=”240″ /></a>
4. Link up below. Make sure you’re sending us to your actual post, and not to your general blog address.
You have 10 days to post your link, so if you can’t get things done by Tuesday, no worries, put it up when you can. We’ll be here. Have fun!
Lastly, you can follow me on Pinterest here: http://pinterest.com/rol_bobbi/. 🙂