This is Day 2 of my participation in Jen’s 7 Posts in 7 Days Challenge.
Welcome to the RoL Pinterest Party. Join me every 2nd and 4th Tuesday as we link up and share how we made, cooked, baked, crafted, planned, organized, followed or created one of the pins on our Pinterest boards OR share something original that others can pin onto their boards.
* * * * *
THE PIN: Banana Honey Oatmeal Cookies
We continue our journey to cut down/cut out the processed food and eat “real” food and I am cooking from scratch more. I have been looking for baked treats I can make the kids that don’t use white flour or sugar and yet doesn’t taste like sawdust. My sister sent me a recipe of cookies that her family loves. We tried them and they were delicious. Here it is.
Banana Honey and Oatmeal Cookies Preparation
Mix in large bowl…
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup honey
1 cup coconut oil (you don’t need to melt it first)
In a separate bowl mix…
2 eggs (room temp)
2 cups mashed bananas
Add egg mixture to flour/coconut oil mixture.
3 1/2 cups of old fashioned oatmeal
1 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup of chia seeds
Scoop them with a little ice cream scoop and bake for 8-10 mins at 375 degrees.
Yum!! I followed the directions except that I landed out using 1/2 coconut oil and 1/2 canola oil. They still came out fine and everyone loved them. Thanks for the recipe, sis!
* * * * *
Now it’s your turn.
1. Choose your creation, share about it and snap a photo if you can.
2. In your post, link back the original blogger/idea, rather than your Pinterest pin. That way credit goes to the proper person. 🙂 (But feel free to add your Pinterest profile link so we can follow you!)
3. Add a link back here so others can play along.
4. If you want to use it, here is the html code for the logo:
<a href=”http://www.revolutionoflove.com/blog/?p=2157″><img title=”Revolution of Love Blog – Pinterest Party & Link-up” src=”http://www.revolutionoflove.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/pinterest_2_medW32-300×240.jpg” alt=”” width=”300″ height=”240″ /></a>
5. Link up below. Make sure you’re sending us to your actual post, and not to your general blog address.
The link up will be active for 10 days. Have fun!
Lastly, you can follow me on Pinterest here: http://pinterest.com/rol_bobbi/. 🙂