Welcome to the RoL Pinterest Party. Join me every 2nd and 4th Tuesday as we link up and share how we made, cooked, baked, crafted, planned, organized, followed or created one of the pins on our Pinterest boards OR share something original that others can pin onto their boards. (New and old posts welcome.)
* * * * *
June is a crazy busy month so quick and easy dinners are a must. Lately we’ve had more foggy days than sunny days, so last week I thought I’d try a tortilla soup. I am always on a quest for the perfect tortilla soup. There was a restaurant I went to years ago (can’t even remember the name) and I had the best tasting tortilla soup. Ever since then I have been trying to find a recipe that was similar. This was not the same but it was still good and the family loved it. I adapted the recipe from the original at Fit Mama Real Food.com
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chili
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh (or frozen) corn
- 1/2 – 1 cups of water (I tend to go less since a lot of water accumulates in the slow cooker.)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 lime
- 1 handful of cilantro, stems removed
Place all ingredients except the chicken in your slow cooker. Place chicken on top. Cover with liquid. Cook on high 4-5 hours or low 8-9 hours. When done, shred the chicken with two forks. Return to slow cooker. Stir.
Serve in bowl. Top with cilantro and the juice of a lime wedge. Enjoy!
(My pin for this recipe is here.)
* * * * *
Now it’s your turn.
1. Choose your creation, share about it and snap a photo if you can.
2. In your post, link back the original blogger/idea, rather than your Pinterest pin. That way credit goes to the proper person. 🙂 (But feel free to add your Pinterest profile link so we can follow you!)
3. Add a link back here so others can play along.
4. If you want to use it, here is the html code for the logo:
<a href=”http://www.revolutionoflove.com/blog/?p=2157″><img title=”Revolution of Love Blog – Pinterest Party & Link-up” src=”http://www.revolutionoflove.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/pinterest_2_medW32-300×240.jpg” alt=”” width=”300″ height=”240″ /></a>
5. Link up below. Make sure you’re sending us to your actual post, and not to your general blog address.
Lastly, you can follow me on Pinterest here: http://pinterest.com/rol_bobbi/. 🙂
The link up will be active for 10 days. Have fun!
PS – You can follow RoL on Bloglovin, Feedly or another news feed. If you are a social media fan like me, we can stay in touch through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, GoodReads, Letterboxd or Instagram. (It’s set to private but I’ll approve you.) 😉
PPS – This post may contain affiliate links.