I am working on Lara Casey’s 2017 Goal Setting Series. Here is my reflection of Part 2 of 5.
- Part 1: Getting Started (Steps 1-3)
- Today is Part 2: Cultivate What Matters (Steps 4-6).
- Part 3: Say Yes, Say No, Choose a Word
- Part 4: Uncover Intentional Goals & Part 5: Make It Happen
* * *
Step 4: What the one thing I want to cultivate this year.
Getting back to basics and simplifying.
Step 5A: What challenges did I experience in 2016? What areas need work?
Challenges included: Dad’s death, mom’s cancer, feeling far away from extended family, stress, worry, hectic afternoons, feeling overwhelmed at times. When I don’t have a plan to follow I feel like I am spinning in circles not actually getting anything done. And when I didn’t put prayer first it just made all these issues worse.
I already discussed what needs work in Step 1.
5B: What lessons did you learn from those challenges.
- Prayer brings peace and strength.
- Family time is important.
- Charity begins at home.
- Less screen time = more positive activities.
- The boys especially need lots of physical exercise.
- Walking improves my health and stress levels.
- I feel like Jesus is calling me to be a source of comfort and joy to His Sacred Heart and his children.
- I need spiritual strength before I can share it with others.
Step 6A – Who helped me cultivate what mattered most in 2016?
Brian, my kids, my father-in-law, my mom, mi familia, my Blessed Is She sisters and a few close friends.
Step 6B (Optional) – Make a Pinterest inspiration board of things you want to make happen in 2017.
I made a Pinterest board here.
I also took a couple of favorites and made an inspiration board in my bullet journal.
I’ll post Part 3 tomorrow. See you then 🙂
PS – You can follow RoL on Bloglovin, Feedly or another news feed. If you are a social media fan like me, we can stay in touch through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, GoodReads, Letterboxd, or Spotify, 😉
PPS – Disclaimer: “Revolution of Love.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.”
In other words, if you click on my affiliated links and make a purchase, I get a small compensation that goes towards keeping the blog online. Big hugs to those who click and help support the blog! xoxo 🙂