Welcome to the RoL Pinterest Party. Join me every 2nd and 4th Tuesday as we link up and share how we made, cooked, baked, crafted, did, or created one of the pins on our Pinterest boards.
Not on Pinterest? No problem. Link-up your own creation to inspire us so we can pin in to our own boards. It can be a recipe, sewing project, Catholic craft, homeschool project, organizing/ homemaking tip, themed birthday party, whatever you’d like.
Don’t have a post ready? The link-up will be open for a week so there’s still time. Plus, feel free to link up a new post or an older post that hasn’t had much traffic lately.
Don’t have a blog? No problem. Post your photo and a description on the RoL Facebook page. 🙂
* * * * *
Here is what I made this week…
I have often made chunky salsa but I have never tried making one in the blender. I was excited when I saw the recipe for Chili’s Copycat Salsa from the Six Sister’s because it looked so easy. I know there are other recipes that use only fresh ingredients but when you need to make a quick salsa in five minutes, this is perfect. I changed the recipe a little to suit our taste – less heat, more lime and added fresh cilantro – and the family loooves it. Here’s what I used.
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained (The original recipe called for whole tomatoes but I found that diced tomatoes makes a much better consistency.)
- 1 small can of jalapenos (I had a can of diced jalapenos and used only about a teaspoon of it to keep the salsa mild.)
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 lime
- 1/2 a bunch of cilantro, stems removed (I like a lot of cilantro and used about 1/2 of what you see in the photo.)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Mix the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. See? Super easy.
Yum! Pass the chips. 😉
* * * * *
Now it’s your turn.
1. Choose your creation, share about it and snap a photo if you can.
2. In your post, link back the original blogger/idea, rather than your Pinterest pin. That way credit goes to the proper person. 🙂 (But feel free to add your Pinterest profile link so we can follow you!)
3. Add a link back here so others can play along. Here is the html code:
<a href=”http://www.revolutionoflove.com/blog/?p=2157″><img title=”Revolution of Love Blog – Pinterest Party & Link-up” src=”http://www.revolutionoflove.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/pinterest_2_medW32-300×240.jpg” alt=”” width=”300″ height=”240″ /></a>
4. Link up below. Make sure you’re sending us to your actual post, and not to your general blog address.
You have a week to post your link, so if you can’t get things done by Tuesday, no worries, put it up when you can. We’ll be here. Have fun!
Lastly, you can follow me on Pinterest here: http://pinterest.com/rol_bobbi/. 🙂