~ 1 ~
- A fun weekend with family time and relaxing time when we unplugged and rested.
- School field trips and the opportunity to have fun one-on-one time with the kids.
- Brian’s good results from his cancer tests/bloodwork.
- Brian’s mother-in-law is healing and doing well.
- Many special intentions from friends.
- Those suffering from hardship, illness, violence and depression.
- Our nation.
- All pregnant moms (especially family members), those trying to get pregnant, those who have lost their babies and for moms contemplating an abortion.
- The souls in purgatory, especially family, friend and those most forgotten.
~ 2 ~
Around the House…
On Friday the boys were off school so I let them help me decorate the house with some fall decor. It looks cute but there are still the endless little piles of clutter around. I feel like I clear one spot and two more pop up to take its place. I have been bagging things to give away so I am hoping that will help. I figure, less stuff means less mess but I’ve got a long way to go. 😉
Family Chit Chat…
Last week Brian had his routine bloodwork to check and see if there were any signs of the cancer returning. I’m happy to say that everything looked good. His red and white blood count was steadily rising and his blood pressure was great. Every time we get a bit of good news I can breathe a sigh of relief… until the next test!
This weekend was Homecoming at Bella’s school. We went to the JV Football game to cheer family friends who were playing. Can you believe it was my first football game ever? I never got into it when I was younger but now that I am married to a football fan and have three little guys, our house it all about football – from playing it in the driveway and watching it on TV to collecting football cards. Andrew and Matthew were bouncing with excitement to see there first live game. We all had a great time!
Well, except for John-Paul. He did have fun but he could only take so much sports until he needed some “me time” to zone out. The only way I could get him to sit through two hours of football was to let him play a couple video games between quarters. 😉
Later that evening, Bella attended her first high school dance with her friends. This photo doesn’t do her justice or the pretty dress she wore but she had a great time and I breathed a sigh of relief when she was back home and safe in her bed. (I don’t know what I’ll be like when she actually starts dating! I told her not to be surprised if she continuously finds me incognito in the background on her dates. 😉 )
~ 3 ~
In the Kitchen…
Monday: Chicken tortilla soup, quesadillas and broccoli
Tuesday: (Dentist appt day) Pizza and salad
Wednesday: Slow cooker BBQ chicken sandwiches, green beans and salad
Thursday: Taco Salad
Friday: Turkey burgers and salad
~ 4 ~
I just finished…
What Alice Forgot by Lian Moriarty*
Next on the list…
The Awakening of Miss Primby Natalia Sanmartin Fenollera*
I’m still loving This Is US and Speechless. We also started watching Lethal Weapon, which has become a favorite too. Poldark is a given as well.
We are watching Designated Survivor and want to start a drinking game every time Kiefer Sutherland squints and mumbles. 😉
I gave up on The Good Place and have yet to watch last night’s episode of The Walking Dead. It is sitting in my DVR while I debate whether or not I will submit myself to some emotional torture. Maybe I’ll watch this weekend… or wait until I need a really good cry. (In the meantime, no spoilers, please!)
Listening to …
Love this one by Coin and not just because Brian knows the best way to shut me up. 😉
Girlfriends#043: Do One Thing at a Time with Danielle Bean
Fountains of Carrots #053: Finding Faith and Delight in The Awakening of Miss Prim with Christy Isinger and Haley Stewart
~ 5 ~
I am making up for lost time in not posting in the past. I am on Day 24 out of the Write 31 Days Challenge. I think I just may make it to the finish line!! You can check out the 31 Days of Gratitude 2016 posts here.
~ 6 ~
Brush Lettering Practice Page by One Artsy Mama
Around the blogosphere…
- Moving into My Filofax Bullet Journal by Bohoberry.com
- Praying Unceasingly for Our Children by Someday Saints.com
- 31 Days of Bible Quotes About Patience: 2 Timothy 2:24 by The Littlest Way.com
- All You Need Is Love by The Fike Life.com
- Saint Costumes 101 (and a whole bunch of All Saints’ ideas for boys!) by Better than Eden.com
- My Favorite Green Smoothie + Other On-the-go Breakfast Ideas! by 100 Days of Real Food
- Tattle-Taling on your friend’s kids: 11 quick tips to make it easier by Parenting with Peer Review
~ 7 ~
So that’s what I’ve been up to lately. What about you? What’s currently happening in your life? Any book or movie recommendations? Do share.
I’m linking up with Kelly for 7 Quick Takes.
Have a great week!
PS – You can follow RoL on Bloglovin, Feedly or another news feed. If you are a social media fan like me, we can stay in touch through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, GoodReads, Letterboxd, or Spotify, 😉
PPS – * Disclaimer: “Revolution of Love.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.”
In other words, if you click on my affiliated links and make a purchase, I get a small compensation that goes towards keeping the blog online. Big hugs to those who click and help support the blog! xoxo 🙂