I was hoping to switch up my entry into the Pinterest Party by doing something other than a recipe but time is short and no matter how busy I am, I’ve still gotta cook! So it’s another recipe, but at least it’s a tasty one.
The inspiration for this recipe came from Gina at SkinnyTaste.com. I changed the recipe to suit my family’s taste.
In gathering the ingredients, it has been fun to pick herbs and vegetables from our little garden on the deck. This is the first year that we have actually yielded produce, mainly because I put the boys in charge of watering. (I have a knack for forgetting to water and killing everything. LOL.) The boys were excited when they could pick their first tomatoes for a salad.
- 6 cups of red potatoes cut in bite size pieces
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion (or one small red onion), chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 & 1/2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 & 1/2 Tbs mayo (or light mayo)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
— Place potatoes in pot and cover with water. Boil 10 – 15 minutes until soft. Drain and cool.
— Combine the olive oil, mayo, Dijon, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
— Once the potatoes are cool, add the red pepper, red onion and parsley. Stir.
— Mix in the sauce and let sit briefly.
* * * * *
Now it’s your turn.
1. Choose your creation, share about it and snap a photo if you can.
2. In your post, link back the original blogger/idea, rather than your Pinterest pin. That way credit goes to the proper person. 🙂 (But feel free to add your Pinterest profile link so we can follow you!)
3. Add a link back here so others can play along.
4. If you want to use it, here is the html code for the logo:
<a href=”http://revolutionoflove.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/pinterest_logo_new_640.jpg”><img class=”aligncenter wp-image-6848″ src=”http://revolutionoflove.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/pinterest_logo_new_640.jpg” alt=”pinterest_logo_new_640″ width=”500″ height=”397″ /></a>
5. Link up below. Make sure you’re sending us to your actual post, and not to your general blog address.
The link up will be active for a month. Have fun!
PS – You can follow RoL on Bloglovin, Feedly or another news feed. If you are a social media fan like me, we can stay in touch through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, GoodReads, Letterboxd, Spotify or Instagram. 😉
PPS – This post may contain affiliate links.